About the job:
Bakery Austin is currently seeking a proven, energetic, and inspired Senior Art Director with the drive to create memorable, award-winning, fearless concepts for our clients while leading the visual design and execution of all online and offline campaign elements.
Working alongside a Senior Copywriter, the right candidate will conceive and execute high-level creative work consistent with the agreed-upon strategy. This team will also be required to present concepts vividly, then work alongside filmmakers, editors, animators, designers and illustrators to bring about their vision.
Bakery is an independent creative and culture agency designed to ignite people’s obsession in great products. From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we work with highly ambitious brands like Johnnie Walker, Nike, Shiner Beer and DeLorean Motors to infuse cultural value and drive desire at every interaction, increasing their fame and helping them make things people want. Bakery is a 2022 AdAge Small Agency of the Year.
- Develop brave, smart ideas that are on strategy
- Work with a partner that elevates your work while you elevate theirs
- Participate in client and internal creative review meetings, with the ability to receive and process feedback and offer solutions in real-time
- Expertly present your work internally and to clients employing beautiful art renders on an editorial-quality slide deck
- Lead design of a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts, and digital efforts
- Be a role model and advocate for collaboration across the company
- Provide ongoing thought leadership internally across the agency and externally with clients
- Have a focused eye for innovation, informing the company of the next biggest thing that can positively affect our client’s business
- Applicants must be legally able to work on-site in Austin, TX. We cannot sponsor work visas for this role at this time
- 5+ years of experience working in a market-leading agency environment in an Art Direction role
- Impressive online portfolio of work demonstrating a proven track record of conceptual creative ability and judgment showcased across a variety of projects—namely in film, social, and web content—for top-tier clients
- Ability to collaborate with anyone; we’re not looking for “superstars” or people whose ego gets in the way of creative development. We need empathetic leaders who teach by example
- Expert at campaign development and execution
- A confident but respectful nature—not afraid to suggest new ideas or resistant to accepting them
- Skilled at negotiating and incorporating client input into ongoing projects
- Strong understanding of what a good creative brief is and when to push back / request revisions
- Knowledgeable about marketing plans, including objectives, business strategies, and success measurements
- Understand client product and business challenges in relation to overall market
- Senior-level client presentation ability
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 2 weeks Work From Anywhere (WFA)
- Annual Retreats
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- Summer Movies @ Alamo Drafthouse
- Snacks, Meals and Drinks
- No Time Tracking!