About the job:
Bakery is looking for a seasoned, brilliant ad Creative with either an art direction or a writing background to help lead a multidisciplinary team through development and execution of global campaigns for famous and developing brands. As a creative director, you are passionate about mentoring others, setting high standards, and delegating tasks so that your team can solve problems together. You’re experienced at publishing award-winning work and know how to build a team that can achieve the highest standards of commercial creative work. Lastly, you’re adept at winning new business pitches and gaining client confidence.
Bakery is an independent creative and culture agency designed to ignite people’s obsession in great products. From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we work with highly ambitious brands like Johnnie Walker, Nike, Shiner Beer and DeLorean Motors to infuse cultural value and drive desire at every interaction, increasing their fame and helping them make things people want. Bakery is a 2022 AdAge Small Agency of the Year.
- Oversee all creative development from concept to final delivery, guiding all design, writing, storytelling and audience experiences to the finish line.
- Provide an ambitious creative point of view and strong direction that brings clarity to the process
- Manage staff and freelance creative teams
- Collaborate with strategy, production and business teams to ensure a satisfactory answer to a clients’s brief, demonstrating a best-in-class marketing and/ or business product that meets our standards for innovation and quality
- Steward the creation of engaging film, social/ digital campaigns, animation or live experiences
- Create a favorable structure to provide effective, efficient development of creative work.
- Allocate appropriate personnel and resources to the creative assignments they are most adequate for and track their output efficiency and quality
- Monitor quality of creative output across project milestones and deliverables, as well as assess risk and communicate issues, progress and achievements to account leaders and senior management.
- Deliver impressive presentations! You’ll be the greatest advocate for our work, but you’ll also listen and internalize feedback so that we can come back with creative that exceeds expectations
- Be a key ambassador of the company’s brand and ethos, both internally and externally. You will need to protect and expand our creative reputation while you represent us in the press, at conferences and awards shows
- Help pitch new business opportunities along with other senior team members
- 8-12 years of experience working in an agency environment
- An impressive online portfolio of award-winning creative work demonstrating expertise in crafting high-quality content, stories and concepts within a creative agency environment
- A curious mind is a must! At Bakery we are asked to innovate on a regular basis, not tread the beaten path. This means you must have opinions and ideas, along with a voice to express them properly and within the context of a brief
- Knowledge of how to foster, execute and launch award-winning projects
- Strong proofing skills with attention to small details in both copy and designs
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Expert presentation skills with an ability to win over a room
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Understanding of tech platforms and their limitations
- Ability to attract, recruit, develop and retain top creative talent
- Productive client management experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 2 weeks Work From Anywhere (WFA)
- Annual Retreats
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- Summer Movies @ Alamo Drafthouse
- Snacks, Meals and Drinks
- No Time Tracking!