About the job:
Bakery is looking for an Associate Creative Director (ACD Copywriter). The ideal candidate is a conceptual and writing expert in creative advertising and entertainment and provides project leadership to teams of Art Directors, Writers and Designers to achieve best-in-class, award-winning creative work.
Bakery is an independent creative and culture agency designed to ignite people’s obsession in great products. From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we work with highly ambitious brands like Johnnie Walker, Nike, Shiner Beer and DeLorean Motors to infuse cultural value and drive desire at every interaction, increasing their fame and helping them make things people want. Bakery is a 2022 AdAge Small Agency of the Year.
- Develop and execute creative strategy
- Implement a combination of conceptual and writing skills in order to deliver compelling stories and copy to our clients and their audience
- Deliver engaging scripts for film, social/ digital campaigns, animation, or live experiences
- Effectively present creative concepts to clients and agency directors
- Help pitch new business opportunities along with other senior team members.
- Keep up with current trends and technological advances that can raise the level of our creative work
- Together with ACD/ Art partner, manage your team’s process; keep things flowing smoothly, continually reviewing and optimizing every piece of creative work that you and your team produce
- Inspire & motivate your creative team, galvanizing them to execute large-scale, cross-channel projects that are creatively brilliant and strategically on point, on time and on budget
- Be an active part of the company’s culture, bringing fresh ideas consistently to your team even when they’re not attached to a client brief
- 6+ years of experience working in an agency environment
- Impressive online portfolio of work demonstrating an expertise in content writing with experience working on a variety of projects, namely in film, social, and web content for top-tier clients
- Professional experience crafting high-quality written content, stories and concepts within a creative or agency environment
- Production expertise. You know how to write to a budget and make the most of every dollar
- Demonstrable leadership skills. You need to organize, motivate and improve on the creative output of those around you
- Grammar and spelling authority. You bring attention to small details and a great ability to copy edit and catch issues
- Experience developing successful concepts working in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams
- Team mentality. You’ll work with a partner and will be leading other creatives. We are looking for a candidate who can build together not fly solo
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and mentor other writers
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 2 weeks Work From Anywhere (WFA)
- Annual Retreats
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- Summer Movies @ Alamo Drafthouse
- Snacks, Meals and Drinks
- No Time Tracking!